That one question we are asked by healthcare professionals, friends, family and nosy neighbours....

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Meeting someone new

So cutting ties with William also was a sign that I felt able to move on and enter back into the world of dating. I think I speak for many when I say it can be somewhat difficult to meet anyone new that's worth dating; lets face it, a very drunken flirt on a Saturday night out is hardly the basis for a long lasting relationship. Despite previous bad luck I decided once again to sign up for internet dating!



As I wrote my profile I struggled with what to say and wondered at what point it was best to drop in "Oh yeah by the way I have a muscle disease!"? I guess there never really is. I like to go with the honest and upfront approach, nothing worse than developing feelings for someone only to tell them of your condition and they run a mile! In which case they weren't worth knowing anyway. Accepting this can be easier said than done though. I decided I would cross that bridge when I came to it, which would generally be when asked, "So what do you do for work?" and my response would have to be "Well, actually I don't work at the moment...".

After chatting with a few young men there was definitely one that caught my attention, in fact I couldn't believe he had sent me a message...the word yummy instantly came to mind ;-) He's certainly out of my league, even if he does hate me saying it. We swapped numbers and began talking and arranged to meet up! The closer it got to "date night" the more nervous I became. The butterflies in my stomach were out in full force, quite an unfamiliar but very exciting feeling. The date went well, we had a lovely meal and a glass of wine or two. We have spoken every day since and are aiming for a second date next week. *fingers crossed*

And so as I enter back into the world of dating I am trying not to be too naive and to remember Rome wasn't built in a day!

Have you ever partaken in the internet dating scene? How did you find it?

Take care for now

Marie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment